Iliana Love (just woke up)
At Whole Food's Nick asking a wine expert while the kiddies caught a ride

Just beginning


This Is What we "started" with ...
Just beginning

This Is What we "started" with ...
Our Valentine's Dinner we "ended" with






From Old Love to New Love, I'll always love Our Love
we had so much fun!
For Valentine's We woke up pretty late, so we didn't get to make cupcakes or do fun things with the kids, so we just hung out at home, and promised Seth "Chuck e cheese" on Monday since daddy had it off! Later that evening we opened our presents from mama and papa, and uncle Jon and Auntie Tiff! Thanks guys, they loved their candies, money and bears, and their puzzle valentine as well as the yo gabba gabba valentine cards.!!
From us, Seth got a TMNT movie, Lailie a huge princess coloring set and Iliana got a sweater. Next we all jumped in the car to go shopping at our favorite "Whole Food's Market" Nick and I love to shop there because they have the best meat and freshest foods and have really good deals on organic and exotic veggies. I bought an enamel fondue set and decided to surprise Nick with the idea a few weeks ago, but he embraced it before I could surprise him and fully chose the recipes himself and got excited about shopping. We had cheese fondue with ellemental cheese (France)and gruyere cheese (switzerland) with white wine and more, to go with it were french bread and asparagus. I made my garlic butter potatoes in the oven and for the meat we had sirloin at $5.99/lb it was the best meat ever, the dip was a Dijon mix and we fried it in an olive oil and butter fondue. Along with exotic chocolate ice cream bon bons, grapes and crackers. All were finger foods, but romantic because we got to feed each other. Altogether we spent $80 at the store, but it was so worth it! plus we had leftovers, I would recommend it to anyone, it was so romantic, feeding each other with the lights off, candlelight, and the comfort of knowing our children were sound asleep upstairs....
(see) (they fell asleep in one room)
It looked and felt like we were at a restaurant in our very own kitchen and with the classical opera music in the background it was a great atmosphere for our dinner date. The children had spaghetti and alfredo from Fazoli's and their special dinner together before ours, and some yummy desert.
Everyone gave the most meaningful cards and gifts. My mom wrote the sweetest thing for us, she's the best and Jon and Tiff gave cool Valentines to the kids with fancy names, puzzles and money!! Nick chose a card for me from the kids which had three bunnies resembling all of them, how perfect. For Valentines, I gave Nick a DC versus Mortal Combat xbox game he's been dying to have. Nick made me cry this year.. It was so cute because I came upstairs and he had a bouquet of pink and red roses hidden behind his back, it was pink for friendship red for love. He then gave me my card and I exchanged it with his from me, mine had a sexy message I got to record in it and it had the song "let's get in on" inside, the card was too sexy I had to get it. Then gave him a puppy that sang everytime you opened and closed it's mouth like a puppet, and it was our song "close to you"by the carpenters, it's our song because of Marge and Homer Simpson. (inside joke) so I made the puppet sing and kiss all over his neck while we danced to the silly music and Nick asks me "you like it when we dance huh?" I replied with a "yes". He told me to open my gift next and it was my "willow tree" figurine, the "Promise" one.. it's a posed figurine of exactly the way we always dance, our signature dance, with my right arm around his neck and on his chest while he holds my left hand, we've always danced this way since the day we met. He said, see....."I knew you love it when we dance, and this figurine shows how much it means to me too...So, By accident (because we are connected in ways that are sometimes scary) It was the perfect execution of a valentine's day surprise that was so meaningful in so many ways, just so happened I chose the right moment (and song) and he just so happened to choose the right gift to go with it.. haha... So yes, I cried. It was a great valentine's I'll never forget. It get's more sentimental over the years, and I hope it stays that way!

From Old Love to New Love, I'll always love Our Love


1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great day!!
Post a Comment